If you are using public GAMA data, you should include a brief
description of the GAMA survey with citations to the relevant survey papers.
GAMA Survey Publications
- Towards a physical understanding of galaxy formation (Driver et al. 2009): on the science motivation, multi-wavelength coverage, database aims.
- The input catalogue and star-galaxy separation (Baldry et al. 2010): on the spectroscopic target selection, magnitude and other limits, star-galaxy separation.
- Optimal tiling of dense surveys with a multi-object spectrograph (Robotham et al. 2010): on the target priorities, strategy for high spectroscopic completeness.
- FUV, NUV, ugrizYJHK Petrosian, Kron and Sersic photometry (Hill et al. 2011): on the GAMA-processed photometry, including matched aperture photometry from u to K.
- Survey diagnostics and core data release (Driver et al. 2011): on DR1, survey progress and statistics.
- Stellar mass estimates (Taylor et al. 2011): on estimating stellar masses.
- The GAMA galaxy group catalogue (Robotham et al. 2011): on the group catalogue.
- Structural Investigation of Galaxies via Model Analysis (Kelvin et al. 2012): on single component Sersic profile fitting.
- Spectroscopic analysis, (Hopkins et al. 2013): on the data reduction and analysis of the spectra.
- AUTOZ spectral redshift measurements, confidence and errors, (Baldry et al. 2014): on measuring redshifts.
Smith et al. (2011)
on the Herschel-ATLAS cross-matching with SDSS.
GAMA is a joint European-Australasian project based around a spectroscopic campaign using the Anglo-Australian Telescope. The GAMA input catalogue is based on data taken from the Sloan Digital Sky Survey and the UKIRT Infrared Deep Sky Survey. Complementary imaging of the GAMA regions is being obtained by a number of independent survey programs including GALEX MIS, VST KiDS, VISTA VIKING, WISE, Herschel-ATLAS, GMRT and ASKAP providing UV to radio coverage. GAMA is funded by the STFC (UK), the ARC (Australia), the AAO, and the participating institutions. The GAMA website is http://www.gama-survey.org/ .